Be a Part of iHelp: Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank Volunteer Day!
Saturday, October 1, 2016 8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
iHelp is the signature campus-wide day of service in the fall, bringing together students, their surrounding community, and university alumni in an organized effort to create a culture of giving at the University of Illinois. Each year, over a thousand students come together to assist dozens of agencies across the Champaign-Urbana area in a display of gratitude to the community we call home. Many other alumni clubs are participating in iHelp by hosting service events just like ours. Join Us!
Saturday, October 1, 2016
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Join us to help the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank. Please follow the instructions below on how to sign up. Stay tuned for information on where we will go for lunch!
How to sign-up to volunteer:
Please note: It is important that each participant complete the online application prior to arrival as this expedites the sign-in process. If you have volunteered in 2014 or 2015, you will not need to complete another application; you are already in our system. Volunteers must be age 10 and up.
How to sign-up to volunteer with your group:
1. Please complete an online application form to create a volunteer account.
*If you have already completed an application, simply skip to step 2.
2. Log in to the Volunteer Information Center to sign up.
3. Click on SignUp Button on left side. Navigate through the calendar to October and click on Oct. 1st. Click the Schedule Me button for University of Illinois to be added to our group.
Your username is your email address. Forgot your password? Don’t worry, there is an easy password recovery process!
Welcome to the Foodbank:
- The Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank is located at the corner of Dart Ave and Opportunity Pkwy off of OH-59 near Downtown Akron. Our address is 350 Opportunity Pkwy, Akron, OH 44307. Get Directions.
- When you arrive, please use our visitor parking, either in front of the building or in the Dart Avenue lot. You may use the main entrance or the side, Visitor entrance. You may also enter/park in SHIPPING & RECEIVING – gate will be open
What to wear:
- It’s best to dress in layers. The weather outside effects the temperature inside our warehouse.
- Safety is our priority! Please note that open-toed shoes and jewelry are not permitted in our warehouse when handling food. Comfortable shoes are recommended as you may be on your feet the entire time.
- Lockers are available for your personal belongings.
Thanks for making a difference!